As part of its development and in order to strengthen its research team, we are looking for an ANIMAL TECHNICIAN for its platform located on the Biopôle de Riom (Clermont Ferrand, France). Under the responsibility of the Animal Facility Manager, you will join a dynamic and passionate team around innovative projects. You will have as main mission to assure and control the accommodation and the maintenance of the laboratory animals as well as the maintenance of their environment.
- Ensure animal welfare and a good enrichment of the environment;
- Monitor health status and perform daily control (s) of animals;
- Read the environmental parameters (brightness, hygrometry, temperature, pressure);
- Keep an observation notebook and report dysfunctions;
- Change cages, litters, grates, baby bottles;
- Distribute food and drink;
- Maintain the accommodation spaces;
- Ensure the reception of animals by checking compliance with the order form;
- Participate in the identification of animals and keep records of entries and exits;
- Participate in various technical procedures (compression, force-feeding, blood sampling …) during the experimental phases;
- Conduct euthanasia in compliance with ethical rules and carry out biological samples.
- Have basic knowledge in mouse biology.
- Be organized, able to work autonomously and in compliance with established quality, health and safety procedures.
- To exercise discretion, rigor, autonomy, enthusiasm and organization.
- 35h weekly with permanence to provide some weekends and bank holidays.
- Have a physical ability to carry light to moderate loads.